Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Bungled bungalow

Okay, perhaps I need to spend a little less time staring at the picture, and a little more time flipping through old copies of American Bungalow, since I seem to have miscategorized the style of my new house. The American Bungalow people have a friendly, helpful feature on their website called "What Style Is My Bungalow", which reveals that the picture at right is a modified "Foursquare" style, a close relative of the "Prairie" style pioneered by Frank Lloyd Wright and that crowd. That makes sense, since the Foursquare and Prairie styles are indigenous to the midwest, while the Craftsman style mentioned previously in this space is more commonly found in California.

In any case, I'm pretty sure it's not a ranch.

And yes, it was pretty sunny for a January day in Wisconsin.

No comments: